Gag Gift Ideas for Church Christmas Party

My church is having a Christmas party and this year we are to bring gag gifts. You bring a gift, mark it male or female and then the gifts are handed out in a random fashion. I need some suggestions of either things to buy or things to make. Be creative, but keep it clean (it is a church party after all).

By Suntydt from Tazwell, TN

Best Answer

The "poop" gifts are cute, without being nasty. (You make a cute little header card, and staple it to a small plastic bag of the "poop".) For example: mini marshmallows for snowman poop, raisinettes for reindeer poop, red and green jelly beans for elf poop, etc.

I think www.organizedchristmas.com still has some of the "headers" you can print for the snowman poop and reindeer poop.

Best Answer

A Necessity Box: a battery, toilet paper roll, small samples of toothpaste, and soap etc. Maybe, the Daily Bread, a can of coke or a small sample packet of coffee, a band-aid, a wet-wipe packet, used items like a calling card (since there's not pay phones anymore (!), a chocolate candy bar (gotta have chocolate!!), a pencil or pen, sun screen, a sample of TUMS, or Tylenol.

If you have kids, let them also throw in the things they feel are necessities to get through life. You will be amazed at what the little tikes will want to add to your box! Let your imagination run for the fun of it. Depending what you put into your box, you will create a lot of laughs!

Best Answer

I like the idea of giving a heart shaped cookie and a valentine. Or, a plate of crumbs from coolie, cake , pie, whatever , and a note saying 'sorry, I got hungry".

Best Answer

This is what I do when I need a gag gift. I get a pack of batteries, any size and put a small handmade Christmas card from construction paper that says.

Toy not included. It has always been a hit!

In my experience we call this a White Elephant party. We give each other completely random and truly unwanted gifts, with a card of true holiday spirit and tidings. Last year I got a half used and dried up jar of fishing stink bait!
I have given a sack of old "lonely" socks, a shoe horn, a handful of old ink pens and markers that don't quiet work, etc.
The entire point of the gift is the card and tidings. Meanwhile I still love the snowman poop gift bag which is really marshmallows. I have made some up this year with the colored ones and claim it is Elf poo. Have fun and Merry Christmas to you.

These were a big hit when I submitted them. I hope they help!

www.thriftyfun.com/tf52286232.tip.html

Resale shops usually have odd gifts or check the $ stores. Don't forget to check the food section.

Holidays and Parties Parties ChristmasNovember 23, 2010
🍀
💘