DecorationsWeddings

Homemade Wedding Cake Topper Ideas

I had a thought about a cake topper. It was a man sitting in a chair with a tux on and a PS3 controller in his hands and a TV in front of him saying "game over". He had his jaw dropped and the bride was standing behind him in a wedding dress with her arms crossed (mad). Where can I get someone to could create that for me?

By tiffakatex from Moberly, MO

Glad to see im not the only woman with a man having an affair with a PS3 hahaha. Im sorry i couldnt help with your request, but I know the feeling!

Could you take a photo of your fiance playing the game and someone take a photo of you with your arms crossed. Blow them up a bit and make a paper doll sort of image? The pics don't have to be 3-D. They could lay flat. Photos can be transferred onto the cake as well. If you want the jaw dropped/tux. You either have to fill him in or find a body double. :)

Hmm, interesting idea, lol! You didn't say if you wanted a 3D topper, so I'll presume you do. For an edible topper, you might want to visit a small-business baker or confectioner (candy maker.) For a non-edible topper, I'd recommend you try a local artist. You can use "live-action modeling," photography or a drawing to help convey what you want, whatever works best. Be prepared to pay a bit extra for a custom-made topper, though, whatever route you take.

Best to you on your wedding! JustPlainJo, Ohio

Etsy.com has polymer clay artists. Maybe one could do it, but be prepared to pay for an artist's creation.

See link below - it is $60, but sounds like it is what you are looking for . . .

http://www.funw  me-On-Themed.htm