TreeDecorations

Make a Christmas Tree Out of Recycled Materials

Category Tree

Does anyone have the instructions for how to make a Christmas tree out of empty plastic water bottles?

By RUTH

In the past I have seen Christmas trees made out of the wire base used to house young sapling trees. It's a wire Christmas tree shape and then you string Christmas tree lights around it and cover it with clear plastic, if you choose, or you can leave it as is. My Uncle made that for his family for years. Money was tight for them and he never wanted my Aunt and their children to go without.

I have also seen Mountain Dew, beer cans, and Coke cans glued to wire and then placed in a tall erect pipe in the shape of a Christmas tree (on the internet.) You start wide at the bottom and get narrow as the you reach the top.

My first Christmas married I opt'd for a smaller Christmas tree and then perched it up on empty boxes wrapped with Christmas paper. My neighbors couldn't believe that my beautiful flocked noble tree was only four feet high. I will never forget the look on their faces when the knocked on the door to ask if they could take a family photo by our tree and it was only from their waist up. I saved over $65.00 with a four foot vs an eight foot/nine foot tree.

By Anita from Temecula, CA

Answers: