"A Christmas Story" Photo Card

We love the movie "A Christmas Story". So last year we decided to pay tribute to the scene the boys love best, which is where one kid dares the other kid to stick his tongue to a frozen flag pole. I used my photo software to change the picture to black and white and frosted the edges. The caption on the card read "WE TRIPLE DOG DARE YOU TO HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS". Everyone loved it!

By Selena from Columbia

"A Christmas Story" Photo Card

That looks awesome! You are so creative. A Christmas Story is my all-time favorite holiday movie.

http://www.savi  ri.blogspot.com/

Is there a copyright problem with this?

Editor's Note: There should be no problem with this for a personal Christmas card. If it were for sale, that might be more of a concern. For information regarding copyright, follow this link:

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/

Hilarious! I'd love to get a christmas card with humor!

How awesome!! I think that is great! Very smart thinking.

The picture below (I hope it shows)! Is of our 2 dogs,Mitzie and Bru. We lost our sweet Mitzie 4 years ago. She's on the right. But I used this pic in our Christmas cards. The front said,"You BETTER have a Merry Christmas"....... Then the inside was the pic with the caption..."Or these dogs will have suffered for nothing" The pic,if is doesn't show,is of them in antler's and a Santa hat. People got a big kick out of it.

Loved this idea. My family always watches the movie, and now my grandkids are. Just another way to enjoy it and make it personal.

Wow, that's amazing! I was searching for some Christmas cards and found your blog. That's a really neat, creative idea, and different from all the rest of the cards I've seen. I've been working a bit with PhotoAffections, and I really like their Christmas Photo Cards. You should check them out:

http://www.phot  S&Category=5

Anyway, that's really creative on your part. I'll have to think of something similar for myself. I wanted to do something cut of me and my sisters for my parents. Good job!

I don't think there's a copyright issue if you're using it for your own purposes. If you copy and then SELL the cards there would be an issue.

HILARIOUS!!! Our family loves, loves, loves that movie. I have to show them your pic. How did you get his tongue to do that?? I always wondered if the kid in the movie really had his stuck to the pole it looked so real. I love how he comes in all bandaged up and while the teacher is giving everybody a lecture about it Ralphie is looking around like he doesn't know what she is talking about. One of the funniest movies ever!!

What a cute idea; and your little guys are adorable!

okay, I have a question, my step-daughter and husband LOVES this movie and she bought him that leg lamp for Christmas last year...I would love to make them a card with that leg on the front but where do I get the picture and what would be a good line as such you did? Would be most appreciative!

Thanks,

"E"