Craft Project: Cardboard Christmas Tree
Our 2009 Christmas tree. We always seem to have a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. But this year we made it out of cardboard, glue and a little paint. I think it might be the best tree ever!
Approximate Time: 2 hours
- Large Cardboard box
- Hot glue gun and glue
- Glitter glue
- Gold glitter
- Old wreath
- Large soup or sauce can
- I took a cardboard box and made it as big as possible. Then cut out a Christmas tree shape.
- Make a slit in the center of one of the trees, make a slit in the other tree on the top and bottom.
slide the tree with two slits into the tree with one slit. (this will take some bending of the cardboard)
- Paint green (or any color yo would like)
- While the tree is drying cut up your wreath or garland. (I used the wire kind)
- Hot glue the garland or wreath pieces you just cut on the edges of the tree.
- Use the craft glue or glitter glue to spread a layer on each tree piece, then sprinkle with glitter and leftover pieces of the greenery.
- Put tree in sauce or soup can. Place in stand.
By Becca from Clarksville, TN
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!