Hiding Gifts From Children and Other Family Members

Tips for hiding gifts from pesky and curious family members. Post your ideas.

I keep all of my bought gifts (Christmas & other) in the attic. The problem is, every time I pull down the attic stairs, it's like a magnet for my daughter to follow me up there. To be sure that she doesn't accidentally see any gifts, I hide them in suitcases, until they're ready for wrapping and giving.

By S. Dixon

Car trunk. The only problem is when it is time for "Santa" to leave these, it is usually very cold outside and you have to go out to get them!

I also hide some in my closet which is pretty inaccessible.

I think disguising them until wrapping time is a good idea.

My all time hit was the box the artificial Christmas tree came in. Of course, it also helped that the box was over the washer and dryer... like anyone would go near there. hee hee!!

I have found that stashing things in our coolers that we use during the summer for camping is a great place. They are on a shelf in the garage that the kids can't easily get to and there is quite a lot of room in each of them, as long as you aren't trying to hide a bike or something.

When our children were small, we would hide all their Santa gifts in our travel trailer we would have them in the compartments inside the trailer where if the children went into the trailer they would not see anything. I would make a list of the Santa gifts that were stored in the travel trailer so when my husband and I would retrieve them on Christmas Eve to put them under the tree Kama I would know that I had all the gifts that were stored in the trailer. My husband and I played Santa Claus in which we left the on opened unwrapped gifts which were mainly toys under the Christmas tree as if Santa has come and left them under the tree and sometimes played with them, we also have gifts wrapped up that were from us as their parents.

The rolling laundry sorter works incredibly well. I use the laundry sorter for matching socks and sorting seasonal clothes. To make things neater, around Halloween, I move the sorter to my room. As ordered gifts arrive, they go into a bin designated for each person. I cover the top with unfinished sorting, folded sheet, etc to create a total lack of curiosity.

This works very well for wrapping presents as well. It is easy to see if one person needs more attention. The cart minimizes lifting and falling items and keeps everything together.