Christmas Charities for Children

Category Charities
In most communities there are organizations that can help you give your kids what they need for the holidays. This guide is about Christmas charities for children.

It's too late to sign up for the angel tree. Any suggestions for other legitimate charities? I've never done this before, but I'm extremely broke this season and don't want my two sons to have to go without. They are 11 and 13 years old. Any suggestions?

Are there any churches or places giving Christmas gifts for children? I have two stepchildren, an 8 year old daughter and 12 year old son. Their father and I have been having financial issues. We've yet to get any gifts. Any ideas?

Answers

Best Answer

Check in your area for places they collect toys and food for the needy this time of year. Go to one of the centers and talk with them about getting your name put on the list. This could include the Salvation Army, Churches, local fire departments, Veterans administrations. There are several places this time of the year that have toy and food drives. I'd try and find one that is in your area.

You can also do like some other parent's have done in the past during a year with no money. They basically concentrate on getting the food for Christmas dinner and making a certificate for their children. The certificate gives the kids an idea when you can afford to buy them something. Just add a date to this certificate and say when you can take them shopping to buy them each one gift.

On January 19,2014 my husband suffered an anoxic brain injury from a medical malpractice since then I have been out of work. My husband needs a 24 hour caregiver. We now live on a fix income of $664 and can barely stay above water with our bills. I have 3 children Destiny 15, Joshua 9, and Seth 6. Life has been very hard at times. I feel so overwhelmed, but I know and believe in God and that's what gets me through our tough times.

I just recently took in my girlfriend and her 3 children, as well, because of a homeless situation. So I'm writing you today to see if there was anyway you could assist me to where I could find help for Christmas? My heart is heavy because I'm not sure how much I can provide for my children this Christmas so if there is anyway you could give me information or know where I can go please advice. God bless you.

Answers

This reply is coming late but I am glad you believe in God.
If you are still struggling Churches are more than willing to help not just for necessities and material things. Most importantly the spiritual lift you need to sustain you to keep going. God Bless you for taking on that huge load ! Seek and you Shall find. There is no shame to ask , especially because you too are doing God's work. :)

I need help with Christmas. I have 3 kids and no job and no money. Can anyone please tell me where I can find help? God bless you.

By KEISHA from Rome

Answers

If you are in the US you must be getting aid for families with dependent children, WIC, and food stamps. With the WIC and food stamps, you should be able to squeeze enough out of the cash you receive to buy a small gift for each kid.

However, if you are in Italy I don't know what you receive. I am sure most of the charities in the US have already used what resources they have to help needy families, because it is getting kind of late.

Oh yes, and what about child support from the kid's father?

Salvation Army helps needy folk year round. If you can get someone to give you a ride take your kids and go to these places in person. I agree with another post about emailing. It's better to apply in person. There are food pantries and sometimes they help with other needs. I hope you find something soon.

Hello,
Merry Christmas, there are some charities like the salvation army, but sometimes that doesn't always work,what my family does is adopt a family that needs and we buy the presents for the family, not a lot ,but some presents. So I don't know you so I can't sponsor your family, but I do know that If you set something up with your school and someone could adopt your family, without your kids knowing. I hope that was helpful

Anonymous

Your local Catholic Family Services! If you mean Rome, Italy check out this link for referrals for help: http://www.cath  caritas-italiana

I became disabled the April before last and called them to see if there were any volunteers in my area to help me clean my apartment. Not only have I a wonderful volunteer that comes and helps me clean since then, but also last Christmas I received a phone call from another volunteer asking what I could use and really wanted for Christmas. I told them a pair of slippers and a new toy for my Rachel kitty. They showed up about three days before Christmas with three boxes of food, the slippers, a winter hat, a fleece throw blanket, a handmade shawl, extra toys and treats and food for Rachel and more! I was weeping like a baby! They are a wonderful organization and the volunteer who helps me clean is now also a friend!

I'm out of work. I was let go after 9 years of work. I am looking for help for my kids for Christmas. Any suggestions?

By Crystal

Answers

Call 211, it is a national HELPLINE organization, that keeps lists of organizations in a given area, that provide different types of help for people. Also call the Salvation Army, sometimes they do Christmas help, but it is getting kind of late to be applying for this type of help.

No matter where you ask for help, other than your church, you will have to fill out an application and it will ask for your gross income. Speak to your pastor, sometimes a pastor will have a special offering taken in church to help a needy family. How long have you been out of work? More than likely you could get a temp. job flipping burgers or something.

Also explain to your kids that there won't be much for Christmas this year. No kid needs more than one gift from the parents, and it doesn't have to be an expensive one. At this time $5.00 per gift is plenty. Your kids must have grandparents and aunts and uncles that will be sending gifts.

It also is a good idea to plan ahead. I start my shopping in January and have been done for at least a month. By doing that I get to avoid the monstrous crowds, and can space the shopping out.

Check with Kmart, Walmart as they have trees set aside for these things. Also check Salvation Army they provide presents and food baskets for holiday meals. Check with social services as they also may have a list, local churches as well. Good luck and will keep you in prayer!

It doesn't say where your from so I'm just going to go off the top off my head. As I've been there before with my children as they were young. They do expect Christmas (be it from you or else were)! Not sure of the ages either, but I would start with your Salvation Army nearest you, then your Toys 4 tots you can google that. Then I would even call your police station & ask them they might be doing something as they did where my daughter lives last year.

Then I would also call your elementary school they may be doing something as well. A few years ago I even found my 1 daughter in a very bad place & put an ad on craigs list under volunteer & asked for help & 2 people really came through for her. I live two far away & on a very limited budget & couldn't do much myself, But she really did get all she needed!

Please reach out their there really are some great unselfish great hearted loving out there you just really have too watch the info you give out about yourself& your# as well as your last name & address meet whom ever in a public place NEVER GIVE any personal information to anyone unless it is an organization that you are at! You can never be too safe!

Hope this help in some small kinda way & I will be praying for a job, and your family's Christmas as well. Not sure how this might help but there is a website called wish upon a hero you can try as well for a job financial & Christmas as well. Sorry just thought of it! May God bless you & your family in all your going through.

Call 211, that is a nationwide help number. Whoever answers will get you in the right direction for help.

I am searching for children's X-mas giveaways for a single, pregnant mom with two children. She has extensive medical issues and is not able to work and lives with her mom who lives in Section 8 housing. The household is really struggling, I don't want the children to go without X-mas. The father is incarcerated.

By Diana

Answers

Contact your local police department and see if they have the Blue Santa program. They go to poor families and distribute toys to needy children the day before Christmas. It's such a wonderful program and I pray you have one in your area.
God Bless.

Call 211, it is a nationwide Helpline that keeps a list of organizations, that help people with different problems. I am sure they must have a social worker, that person should be able to help with ideas. If they are living in section 8 housing that means they are only paying 30% of their total income for rent, and if it is an apartment, most places you only have to pay the electricity, phone, cable and internet service. I would imagine they are also on food stamps. Who is paying the mother's maternity expenses?

Most of the charities that do Christmas help have a cut off age of 12 years for kids gifts. Heavens you and 3-4 of your friends could do it yourself. Go together and buy one gift for each of the two kids, at a limit of $10.00-$15.00 each. It wouldn't be that much for a few people to contribute. And all each kid really needs is one gift. Then you could wrap them and on Christmas Eve, set them by the door and knock and hurry away, if you don't want to be seen. Also aren't there aunts and uncles that will be sending gifts? When my kids were small we weren't exceptionally hard up, but they each only got one item of clothing and maybe one toys from us, because we knew each set of grandparents and aunts and uncles would be sending them stuff too. All together each kid got from 10-12 gifts, which is actually more than enough, if not too much, for any one kid.

Toys for Tots. Salvation Army. Local churches. Most every town has some sort of Santa - toy giveaway program. Call the local newspaper and ask what it is called and how to contact them.

I'm desperately trying to find gifts of any style, shape, or form, for 2 boys ages 17 and 13. If anything, I want them to have something to open on Christmas day! Where can I find help?

By thevirtualstork2014

I need help with clothing for my daughter and Christmas. Please I'm a mother that's trying. Where can I look for help?

By Anthony

How can I receive second hand clothes and shoes for all ages? I would like to share with our church members that are less privileged for this Xmas season. I would appreciate it if anyone can help in Zimbabwe.

By Amina from Harare

Answers

Anonymous

You can ask united states churches. There are a lot of christian and baptist churches in tn that would probably love to help one that comes to mind is "hope community church in Surgoinsville, TN. Good luck and may God Bless you.

Anonymous

You can ask United States churches. There are a lot of christian and baptist churches in tn that would probably love to help one that comes to mind is "hope community church in Surgoinsville, TN. Good luck and may God Bless you.

Anonymous

You can ask United States churches. There are a lot of christian and baptist churches in TN that would probably love to help. One that comes to mind is "Hope Community Church in Surgoinsville, TN. Good luck and may God Bless you.

My sister is 21 has two kids and needs help for Christmas. Where can I go to get help for Christmas?

I just lost my job two weeks before Christmas. I don't know how I'm going to pay my rent. I've been crying. I am so depressed I can't get her my 10 year old nothing. I've prayed to God and this is where he guided me when I asked him for answers.

By Edie Jones from chicago Il

I need help for Christmas for my daughter. She is 6 years old and I do not have anything to give her for Christmas. This is the 1st time I have ever asked, but this has been a tough year for Gabie and I. So anything I can get for her would truly be a blessing. Where can I apply?

By Jessica

Please, let me know where and who to ask.

By C

My house has been robbed and now I have no money for my kids' Christmas. Their father isn't around. Does anyone know who can help me? I don't know how to explain it to my girls on Christmas

By Shawnita from Washington, DC

I am looking for help for my one child. He is five years old this year. I moved up here because my son's great grandma was every sick. She died this September 23rd.

We been jumping house to house since we have been here. I do not have a job. I have been looking but, not having the luck of getting one. My son's birthday was November 22nd, on Thanksgiving, but it was not so giving for him. So he did not get a birthday this year and I am hoping I do not have to tell him Santa is not coming too. I know it going to break his heart to tell him. So I am asking for places where I can get help this year. Thank you.

By sherryann

I am a disabled single father with a low income of less then $405.00 a month, not leaving me with anything for Christmas for an 8 year old girl. Where can I get some help for Christmas? Thanks.

By Earl F.

Answers

Try your church. If you don't have one give her one for Christmas.

I'm so sorry to hear that! :( Sir I know I may only be 15 I work in a lot of charities, and I know with the economy today its hard to buy a lot of things especially with that income.

Listen my advice for you is, a lot of the people I help out have put a certain budget away for their Christmas shopping, then they go out and find the best sales out there, they keep within whatever their budget is, and their kids are happy. You also got to teach your daughter that its not all about getting gifts. Christmas is about giving, sharing, etc. I hope you do well this Christmas. Merry Christmas!

I am a single mother of 2; where do I have to go to get help with Christmas presents for my children?

By Samantha

Answers

Being a single mother doesn't necessarily qualify you for Christmas help. All of the places that I know of require people to fill out an application and want to know your income. Most of these places also have an age cut off limit of 12 years.

Number 1, the kids Dad should be giving them each a gift, plus there should be two sets of grandparents and some aunts and uncles. Most places that provide help for Christmas have already passed the deadline for taking applications.

Number 2, Speak to the pastor of your church. Sometimes they will take a special offering for a needy member of their congregation. However, they won't keep doing it for the same family over and over.

Number 3, plan ahead, start shopping in January. There have been several times over the years that I would have needed Christmas help, if I hadn't planned ahead. I start shopping in January and have been done for more than a month, and have everything wrapped and under the tree.

Number 4, no kid needs more than one gift each from their parents and they definitely don't need what they see on TV and they don't need designer labels. The name of the game is plan ahead.

I need help with Christmas for my daughter who is 14. I have been everywhere and called places and can't find help because there is an age limit or it's too late to find sign up. It is not like I planed this to happen. Please does anyone know where I can find help?

Does anyone know where I can find an organization to help me with my daughter's Christmas? Please no rude comments, I am in a bind and any information would be appreciated.

I have five children that will not have a Christmas this year. We were homeless for three months and we just moved in about a month ago, but I have to pay bills and make sure they have food. I want them to, but I don't make enough to provide the things they want and need. Does anyone know of places that help with Christmas?

I am a victim of domestic violence who has two wonderful girls. I left an abusive relationship about a month ago with the clothes on our backs. I am desperately seeking help for Christmas for my girls. If someone has any information regarding some assistance please advise.

I have 2 children 2 and 3yrs old. My husband recently got laid off from work, so we have been struggling to make ends meet. I really need help getting my babies something for Christmas. If anyone could let me know where to go. I have tried all the local places that usually help and it's too late for me to sign up. Thanks very much in advance.

Load More