Store Ornaments In Christmas Tins

I collect a lot of tin cans with Christmas and winter scenes and sit them throughout the house. Well guess what? A light bulb came on and, this year, I stored ornaments in them and packed them in a tote labeled "tree". I store all my Christmas stuff in storage totes and label them: Village, Tree, Outside Decorations and Inside House Decorations. My Mom taught me this.

By Angie from WI

We place our cans around during the holidays too. Last year we also used the tins for "tables" at our Christmas party. We found metal Christmas trays and attached them to the large tin cans with Velcro. (Magnets could work too.) There was a little table available any place you wanted to sit and place your drink. After the holidays, we stored the oraments, paper products, etc. for next year.

I love using the large holiday popcorn tins to store my decorations. I always make sure to pack enough filler to protect the fragile items.