FrugalGifts

Homemade Gift Bath Scrubby

I buy dollar store soaps in holiday scents, like peppermint or even gingerbread scent. From thrift stores or again the dollar store or any outlet, buy cheap children mittens. Shave the soap with a potato type peeler and add it to the mittens, sew the top half of the mittens closed, (where your hand would go) and us as a shower/bath scrubby to feel refreshed and in the holiday spirit. Makes a great stocking stuffer or gift too!

By Pat from Fort Myers, FL

I think this is a charming idea. I'd use it as a sachet in a drawer or cabinet.

To make them more decorative you could add a thin satin ribbon bow sewn onto the mitten(s), or tie / sew them together as a pair with satin ribbon. When used this way even "cheap dollar store" soap would work nicely. I like the sachet idea too. Perhaps even a nice poem that would tie in with the winter theme could be tied on.

By (Guest Post)

I think this is a very clever idea. Have a Merry Christmas and thank you for sharing. Keep up the good work:)

I agree with perfumed fan, If you are not into using it for a bath scrubby due to sensitivities or whatever, it could be used to refresh your drawers or suitcase or even a room. Accept the gift graciously and with heartfelt thanks and use it if you can, if not, donate it for use by a womens shelter or other such organization.