Removing Carmex Stains from Clothing

Carmex can leave any oily looking stain if it accidentally gets on your clothing. This is a guide about removing Carmex stains from clothing.

I accidentally washed and DRIED my laundry with a tube of carmex inside. Now there are spots all over everything. Any suggestions on how I can get this out?

Answers

Best Answer

Because Carmex is greasy, what you can try is this:

Use 2 tablespoons ammonia, 3/4 cup of Dawn soap, 2 cups warm water. Let it sit for a little while. You're fighting grease with a grease fighter, Dawn!

Best Answer

You can use goo-be-gone. It's in a small bottle with a black label in the cleaning or laundry department at Target or Walmart. Put it liberally on each grease spot and throw in the washer. You could also handwash each spot with Dawn but it takes awhile longer. I've taken out chapstick and crayon in a laundry load with the goo-be-gone.

By Margaret (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I've had many lip balm in the washer disasters. The thing I've found that works is Goof Off - you can get it at the hardware store.

Just make sure the fabric can handle it. Apply to the spots, let it sit for a few minutes, and then wash in hot water.

My son left his tube of Carmex in his jeans pocket and ruined a load of his clothes. Most hit were the t-shirts, some of which he didn't want to trash yet. Any ideas to get this kind of grease stain out? Already tried good old pre-spot, and they've already been dried. Is it hopeless?

Answers

Best Answer

Kim, if you have already dried these items in the dryer, there's really not much you can do. (Heat will set the stain).

If not, put a couple drops of Dawn dishwashing liquid on each spot, scrub a little and then wash as normal. Dawn is excellent in getting out oil/grease stains. Good Luck!