TraditionsChristmas

Christmas: Try a Mexican Meal Instead

Category Traditions

When my children were small we would celebrate Christmas with my Mother, my Mother-in-law and Grandmother. By the time it came for our own celebration everyone was getting a little tired of the 'Turkey' and all the trimmings.

At that time I began having a complete Mexican menu for our Christmas dinner. My children are now grown with children of their own. The Mexican menu continues still. They will not have it any other way. The grandchildren all feel the same way. "Its JG's Christmas dinner, pass the taco's please".

By Edie from Central Texas

Every now and then for Easter we do sloppy joes, potato salad, pasta salad, relish tray, etc. It is just something for a change.

Hubby and I have rebelled against tradition in our own way: we don't do turkey and trimmings for Christmas or Thanksgiving. The last two Thanksgivings, we made pot roast and black mustard greens instead.