Protect Bank Cards With Foil

I now wrap my CC and debit cards in an aluminum foil wrap. This prevents anyone from downloading the numbers if they try to scan my purse. This practice is also good if you carry your Social Security and health cards. I find this is easier then the aluminum wallet used for this purpose.

Source: ABC Eyewitness News on Thivery Scams with carry around card scanners.

By Becky candelaria from Staten Island, NY

Don't forget to shield driver license also. They have rfid and readable strips on them too.

I carry a billfold. I simply fold three or four layers of aluminum foil into the shape of a dollar bill and put the foil in the billfold so that is screens everything from the outside.

DO NOT carry your Social Security Card with you! That number is one of the key ways to get your ID stolen.

Plus, it's on a cardboard/paper card, so it can't be scanned from outside your wallet anyway, but best to simply not carry it at all.

This is somewhat silly unless you know for a fact that your cards have RFID or NFC chips in them. The overwhelming majority of credit/debit cards in America do not have any contact-less means of being read. Your SSN card is just some paper, it cannot be read from outside your wallet. Your insurance cards would have no reason to have an RFID or NFC chip. Aluminum wallets might be useful for someone who DOES have RFID cards, but otherwise they're just preying on people's misconceptions.

Budget & Finance Identity TheftApril 23, 2012
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf87252505.tip.html