Shopping for Small Plastic "Bulbs" for Ceramic Christmas Tree

My mother has a ceramic Christmas tree that my grandmother made many years ago. She has lost some of the light "bulbs" They are not really bulbs they are just plastic that light up through the hole they sit in and the 25 watt bulb in the base.

I have included a picture with the tree and the bulb. I didn't know how to measure the bulb so I took the picture of one beside a penny. Does anyone have these bulbs or know where I can buy some for my mom? I greatly appreciate any help. My grandmother passed away some 20+ years ago and this is the only thing we have to remind us of her.

By Suntydt from Tazewell, TN

Try stores that sell craft products, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, etc.

I still have mine just like yours that my mom made back in the 60's.Try a ceramic place if a craft store doesn't carry them.

Look in your phone book or online for ceramic shops in your area. They should be able to sell you some replacements.

Hi Suntydt,

Your best choice as others have stated, would be where ceramics classes can be taken, as they would have the 'bulbs' for the lovely Christmas tree your dear grandmother made!

Good luck!

You go to a ceramic supplies store. They are scarce any more but they are still out there. It will be a store that sells greenware for people to make their own ceramic items.

Here is a list of several sources on Amazon:
www.amazon.com/.../?ie=UTF8&keywords=ceramic+christmas...

If you don't want to use the link, go to Amazon and use the key words I used: Ceramic Christmas Tree Lights.

--shoe

I have a tree like that and I bought it about 34 years ago at Kmart after Christmas. I still have it and I made a white one about 23 years ago and I also could use some lights. In my white tree I have red birds and lights in it.

You can also type in ceramic tree lights in a search engine. My son found some this way

If there is a plaster shop or ceramic store near you that gives classes, they will have these plastic lights in several different sizes. Let me know if you find them or not, I may be able to send you some. ThriftyFun knows where I am.

GG Vi

I see several of these trees in thrift stores every year around the holidays. They are usually missing some of their lights but if you find one you can simply transfer some of its remaining lights to your tree.

I found some at this craft site. They have a lot of good supplies & resources. Thank you everyone who helped me out with this.
http://factorydirectcraft.com

I have a plastic container full, plain, birds and butterflies. I would be happy to send to you. let me know where. I thought they were beads but when I opened them up to look closer they were the bulbs. I can't use them I will send to you.

The best place to find any style you want is www.ceramicartspace.com and click on the bulbs picture on top of the page. They have free shipping on any style. I love their service and have bought from them several times.

They seem to be the most complete ceramic supply craft website I have ever seen. They have thousands of tips pages you never get tired of looking through. I recommend them!

Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations LightsDecember 31, 2010
🐛
🌻
📓