CostumesHalloween

Pattern for Raquel Welch's One Million BC Bikini

Category Costumes

I would love to make this bikini for Halloween. I am planning on either adding to an existing bikini or using fake fur material with an bikini pattern. The one Raquel wore was so unique. I wonder if anyone out there has any ideas or has ever seen a pattern for this specific bikini? Thanks!

By Patrice

I would get some cheap muslin and dye it, then just start cutting and ripping. Just make sure you have a brown one underneath that you can be "safe" in. Good luck and if you pull off the design, share it with us?

Anonymous

I doubt very much there is a pattern for this bikini after 40 years and also because the design most likely belonged to the UK studio that filmed the movie but it was made from doe skin and fur pieces so perhaps use ultra suede fabric and faux fur pieces to replicate. Personally, I would attach an overlay to your existing bikini and just make it as close as possible by playing with it to match the photo. Don't forget to recreate the footware too ;-)

Well I would suggest you start with 3-4 wild rabbits. Tan their skins, hold each piece up to your existing bikini and rip-cut the torn shape to match! Voila - bit of fun, but you really don't need a pattern do you?