Christmas Charities

I need help with Christmas. I have 3 kids and no job and no money. Can anyone please tell me where I can find help? God bless you.

By KEISHA from Rome

If you are in the US you must be getting aid for families with dependent children, WIC, and food stamps. With the WIC and food stamps, you should be able to squeeze enough out of the cash you receive to buy a small gift for each kid. However, if you are in Italy I don't know what you receive. I am sure most of the charities in the US have already used what resources they have to help needy families, because it is getting kind of late.

Oh yes, and what about child support from the kid's father?

Salvation Army helps needy folk year round. If you can get someone to give you a ride take your kids and go to these places in person.

I agree with another post about emailing. It's better to apply in person. There are food pantries and sometimes they help with other needs. I hope you find something soon.

Hello,
Merry Christmas, there are some charities like the salvation army, but sometimes that doesn't always work,what my family does is adopt a family that needs and we buy the presents for the family, not a lot ,but some presents. So I don't know you so I can't sponsor your family, but I do know that If you set something up with your school and someone could adopt your family, without your kids knowing. I hope that was helpful

Anonymous

Your local Catholic Family Services! If you mean Rome, Italy check out this link for referrals for help: www.catholiccharitiescamden.org/index.php?option=com_content&...

I became disabled the April before last and called them to see if there were any volunteers in my area to help me clean my apartment. Not only have I a wonderful volunteer that comes and helps me clean since then, but also last Christmas I received a phone call from another volunteer asking what I could use and really wanted for Christmas. I told them a pair of slippers and a new toy for my Rachel kitty. They showed up about three days before Christmas with three boxes of food, the slippers, a winter hat, a fleece throw blanket, a handmade shawl, extra toys and treats and food for Rachel and more! I was weeping like a baby! They are a wonderful organization and the volunteer who helps me clean is now also a friend!