Missed Sending Out Christmas Cards?

There have been times that I was so busy working as a musician over the holidays, that I didn't have time to send cards, etc. So, I just sent everything out in January and said "Happy New Year!" It worked, too. (Or you could say "Happy Epiphany" or "Three Kings" (because the wisemen came AFTER Christmas!)

I seldom get my Christmas letter and cards sent out before Christmas. It is often my Dec. 27 activity. My family and friends are used to my things arriving late. One year a friend of mine missed Christmas entirely because of some family obligations, and sent out the letter and cards at Easter. We were all happy to hear from her at any time.

New Years cards to family and friends can be a way of encouragement to them for the new year approaching. People that receive these cards are motivated to grow in ways that will make them a better person whether it be spiritually emotionally physically or any other aspect of their life that they want to make better. A special quote or a scripture or some encouraging word within the card could be a turning point in someone's life at the beginning of the new year.