GiftsWeddings

Groomsmen Gifts Ideas

Ok, all you thriftyfuners, I need your help. My daughters wedding is coming up in a month and a half and we do not have any ideas as to what to give the best man, groomsmen, ushers etc., as gifts. Any suggestions? Honestly I am all "idea-ed" out!

Thanks in advance for your help.
Amy

Check out http://www.pocketspa.com. They have bridal party gifts, including groomsmen!

For my wedding we gave the groomsmen a small over night bag to hold toiletries and included black socks for the wedding day to wear with their tuxes. They absolutely loved the bags and were happy they didn't have to remember to buy socks!!

You could always give them a gift card for a movie store or to the movie theater

Gift cards all the way! Either buy a card for each groom according to his interests, i.e. videos, computers, restaurants, or but the same for all to someplace everyone likes!

The Pampered Chef has a great set of grill tools. The spatula has great potential for engraving. I can set you up with an order for them if you would like. LAS424@aol.com email me and I'll give you my website address...I can't post it here per company rules...

I've used this gift idea for other occasions and they are quite a hit...such a unique manly idea LOL!

We gave our groomsmen money clips. Everyone has money...even if it's just a little. We got the money clips very cheap and had them engraved.

You can give a gift certificate for netflix...that's a big hit in this day and age.

Good luck!

Why do you need to buy them a gift - they are doing it because they love the couple and the couple have asked them because they love and value their friendship and support. I would just write an individual sincere caring note to each person stating what personal qualities each one possesses that made the couple choose them and thanking them for their friendship and support on the big day. You could even explain that this is your chosen method of thanking them rather than some mass produced blanket 'trinket' for each one which they may not appreciate or ever use. Everyone likes to be reminded what a good friend they have been and about their special qualities and the letter can be kept as a keepsake as easily as some meaningless bauble. When will this endless manufactured need to consume more and more stuff end? I don't know how long this has been a tradition in the US but I bet it was 'manufactured' by a wedding planner to get more money out of the happy couple and their families. Forgive me being so cynical but I just can't equate the importance of being so close to someone that you want them to play a roll in your big day with thanking them with a bought item.

Regards

Jo

In my family, the groom buys the gifts for his groomsmen - my uncles have, and my brothers did the same. The girls are responsible for the gifts for the bridal attendants - and usually the ring bearer, although recently my youngest brother thought the little guys should get a "guy gift" along with the groomsmen! Seems to split things a little better.

There's a bunch of great groomsmen gift ideas at this web site:

http://deluxefa  engifts0001.html