Halloween: Horse Costume (Dog)

Petey is 4 months old. He is a Boxer/Bulldog/Shepard mix. My best friend Todd gave him to me in August of this year. He likes to eat, play, eat, sleep, eat, play and some more.

I never enjoyed playing with dolls when I was little, but I get a real kick out of dressing my dogs for Halloween. This year I made a special costume for Petey because he is as big as a horse! I saw something similar to this online, but thought I could make one like it much cheaper, and I did. He didn't seem to mind it a bit either.

The adjustable velcro belt that runs around his middle will allow him to wear it even when he's full grown or to switch it out with one of my other dogs. Everyone thought it was such a funny costume and suited him perfectly!

By Donna from San Diego, CA

This picture just made my night and tomorrow too! You might consider drawing a circle (maybe use an eyebrow pencil?) around his eye on the white side of his lovely mug for next year's Halloween costume. Petey of Our Gang wouldn't mind. I suppose that is who he is named after.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Anonymous

Adorable costume and the picture gave me a giggle because Petey has a look in his eyes like he's thinking, "Mom, I am really not happy about this but I'll go along with it because I love you!" ;-)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cute dog! Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Just wanted to say how cute "Petey" looks and I have to agree with Deeli on how Petey loves you enough to do it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for making my night full of laughter in seeing Petey's photo. This is simply adorable!

Reply Like this photo? Yes