Spotting Santa Cut-out Christmas Card

Add the dimension of depth to your cards, really easily, using only pieces of cardboard!

Approximate Time: bit more than an hour

• blank sheets
  • colors (pencils, crayons, pens, whatever :)
  • cardboard
  • scissors
  • glue
  • pencil
  • eraser

Note: It will probably help to make a rough sketch of the card before starting on it.

1. Draw and color the different parts of the card on separate sheets of paper and cut them out. For example, I folded a blank sheet and colored it fully to make the background. I made the door frame, the girl, and the gift-box, on separate scraps of paper and cut them along their outlines. (This is the process that takes up most of the time).

2. Take small pieces of cardboard and paste them on the back of the cut-outs with glue. I wanted the door frame to be above the girl and the gift box even more in front. So, I glued one piece of cardboard on the girl, two, on the door frame, and three, on the gift-box.

3. Finally, paste the cut-outs on the card, and add whatever finishing touches you wanna add (like, I drew in, the shadow of Santa).

4.'s done!

By Gunja from West Bengal, India

This is a very good idea. I love the card you made, it's very nice - good job!