Decorating Your Room

If you're a teen and want some spice in you're room liven things up a little, use really wild colors on your walls, bed, and decorations around your room. Don't be afraid to express yourself, not someone who you aren't. Good luck with your room. You'll do great!

By Hootie

My room was lavendar- I enjoyed it for about 5 years. Glad my parents let me do it a little different.

By nicole (Guest Post)

im a single mom of a teenage girl and i need some help i have no idea how to decorate her room without costing a fortune

By Lissey (Guest Post)

Well if shes crafty/artsy she'll be more then happy to make some of the stuff to go into her room. It would be a perosnal touch and usualy its cheaper to make then buy! I know if my mom would let me do that I'd love it!

As a mother of a teen who recently re-decorated her room and co-owner of www.decorating-kids-rooms.net, I've got some great decorating tips to offer:

First off, do some online window shopping for a little inspiration and see what's available on the marketplace to coordinate the look and feel you want your teen bedroom to have.

There are all sorts of things you can use to decorate your teen bedroom. For instance, a duvet with coordinating pillows can really bring your bedroom together.

Bedroom decor items like a fashionable clock or a bulletin board covered with a matching fabric and some colorful push pins make great accessories.

The key is to coordinate your bedroom accessories with your walls, bedding and window treatments. If you're on a tight budget consider eBay or check out consignment and thrift shops for some great bargains.

If your teen room is small you may want to consider open and airy colors like light green or pale pink which will add the illusion of size to your teen bedroom space.

Bolder shades can be introduced through the use of accessory items.

Decorating with mirrors is another fun way of enlarging your teen room space. Consider hanging a vertical mirror horizontally on one wall (possibly over a dresser or desk for assisting your make-up application) and a second vertical mirror vertically on another wall or inside your closet door (for use when getting dressed).

Make your window treatments fun. Use your wall and bedding color(s) for inspiration and incorporate different patterns and/or textures.

A throw rug is another great way of introducing pattern and texture and can really bring the colors in your teen bedroom together.

If you're incorporating a bulletin board as part of your teen bedroom design consider installing it near the entrance to your teen room.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Teen SpaceApril 4, 2005
🐛
😎
😷
📓
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf957798.tip.html