AdviceGifts

Make a Christmas Card for Your Parents

When you think about Christmas and you're a kid, you should make your mom or dad (or both) a card that you made. Make it stand out because a parent would want to treasure that forever instead of buying them a blender or something, because they can see what you made and say "Wow, that must took a lot of care!"

That's my tip if you're a kid and it's Christmas!

By jade from Abbotsford

This is an excellent tip. Being a mother and grandmother I cherish anything that has been handmade for me! To this very day my memories aren't about "so and so bought me this" or "they paid this many dollars". My most cherished and most remembered gifts are those coloring book pages or cards that my children and grandchildren made for me. The time and love they put into making something for me is priceless, you couldn't give me enough money to take them away. Just touching these handmade gifts can bring tears to my eyes and bring back such loving memories. Thank you for such a mature reminder of the true meaning of Christmas! Everyone will enjoy reading this tip, it's a very, very good one.

I agree, with one addition; put a recent picture of yourself in the card. That way, we parents can remember what you looked like when you were the age at which you made the card. 2 treasured gifts in one!