ReceptionWeddings

Including Everyone at a Wedding Reception

My daughter is getting married in August. We live in a small town, so the places for a reception are limited. We are using our country club and it will be both indoors and out. How can I make all the guests feel like they are included? The dance and cake table, etc. will be inside.

Crystal from Texas

You need to assign important tasks to valued members of the family. And, because you know they are reliable, this will be one less thing to worry about.
1. a person is responsible for making sure the guests sign in using a fancy notebook
2. another one hands out lapel party pins, wrist corsages, party favors
3. set the tables beforehand
4. make seating chart and help guests find their places
5. if making your bouquets of non-perishable materials, some can help at your place days before the wedding - ditto for table party favors
6. if kids are going to be there, a special kid's cake and some kid friendly activities - this will make you the talk of the town and all parents will be happy because their kids were happy - make your own ice cream sundae table (but some dads will snack from it, too), hot dogs or burgers

7. corsages for *ALL* family members - better everyone should have a small one rather than just a few big and fancy ones (I learned this from someone else's event - don't ask)
8. Maybe some interactive gifts - like photo buttons for all the guests - this is what they look like http://www.fundraisingbuttons.com/
I don't know anything about this company - just put the web info here to show you the product I am referring to (ask your photographer for local details)
9. people can invest themselves in your wedding days plans before the event - doesn't have to be at the actual event