Charitable Christmas Traditions

Category Charities
Christmas donation box.
Sharing with others less fortunate than ourself makes our communities healthier. This guide is about charitable Christmas traditions.

It was always hard to come up with an idea for a gift for my husband, an animal lover like the rest of our family. Finally, we came up with a perfect idea with the help of our veterinarian. The vet knows families that would love to have a dog, but can't afford buying one, getting its shots, etc. at one time, but can afford the day to day upkeep.

A few days before Christmas we go as a family to the local animal shelter and pick out a dog. We take it to the our vet and get him checked out and get his shots. After adding a weeks supply of dog food, we let the vet contact the lucky family to come pick up their new pet. There is nothing like the heartwarming feeling to connect a loving family with a much wanted pet. And knowing that we may have very well saved a dog's life is the greatest feeling of all.

By Diane from Paradise, PA

What a great thing to do. My only concern is if the dog's personality is suited to the new humans. Like a really high energy dog goes to a couch potato family. Does the vet do some checking about that?

What a wonderful thing to do! (I don't know where I'd be without my little doggie!)

I think you have a beautiful idea and a very thoughtful way of sharing love. I'm disabled and been looking for a small puppy but finances won't allow me to buy one. I've heard that if you don't spend the money to get a dog, you won't take care of it like you would have by spending money. I don't agree with that but that's my opinion. Blessing to you and Merry Christmas :)

Donita

I was blown away by you and your family christmas spirit. People get so caught up in their own families and sometimes its really hard to remember others. I think its wonderful what you are doing.