Birch Bark Snowflake
Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 440 Answers
December 22, 2021
I like to use bark for crafts. This time I decided to make snowflakes from birch bark. You can hang these snowflakes on Christmas tree or use them to decorate Christmas gifts.
Total Time: 25 Minutes
- birch bark, I used bark from a dead birch
- Prepare the bark: remove the top layer.
- Make a template: draw a snowflake on cardboard and cut out.
- Place the template on the bark. Trace around the template.
- Cut out the bark snowflake.
- To decorate the snowflake, mark the center of the snowflake and mark points at a small, even distance from the edge.
- Thread the yarn into the needle, pierce through the center of the snowflake, then through the first point from the edge. Thread again through the center and through the next point from the edge. Continue until you have threaded through all points from the edge. The snowflake should be embroidered the same way on both sides.
- Wrap the yarn around one edge of the snowflake, then around the opposite edge, then thread through the center. Repeat this until you wrap the yarn around all the edges. The snowflake should be sewn the same way on both sides.
- Tie a ribbon to hang the snowflake.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.