Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Christmas Morning Tips

When the wait is finally over, enjoying family traditions can make this time very special for children and adults alike. This guide contains Christmas morning tips.

December 20, 2010 Flag

When my boys were small, sometimes it was tough to get up quite as early as they wanted to on Christmas day. I came up with an idea that made us all happy! After they were asleep on Christmas Eve, I would leave their Christmas stockings on their bed. I always made sure to include some small toys to keep them busy. The boys got to play with gifts from Santa, while I got a bit more shut-eye. It has become a tradition with my grandchildren now!

By KathyJ. from Plymouth, CT

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Sounds good, but I have to take pictures while they dig into their stocking!

A family opening present on Christmas morning around the tree.

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? Yes

This is a guide about opening presents on Christmas morning. Many families have a tradition that defines the opening of presents on Christmas morning.

October 28, 2013 Flag

As you wrap each gift, take it out of the boxes and add any batteries if needed. Take everything out of packages that are hard to get out. This will make Christmas morning so much easier and also a lot less mess!

It is also easier to wrap each gift as you get them instead of all at once. If you tag them, write the person's name on the bottom with a marker, in case the tag falls off.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

November 28, 2010 Flag

I've always tried to make Christmas morning fun for my kids since they began to question Santa. They are in their late teens, but still come home for Christmas vacation.

I am looking for a fun, creative way to surprise them with gifts on Christmas morning. I've wrapped the room (all doorways) so they have to crash in the room, led them on gift finds with yarn throughout the house, Santa's bag didn't quite make it in the house and they had to fish it out of the chimney, treasure hunts with five or six clues, and created a winter wonderland overnight in the room.

They've started to expect to be surprised on Christmas morning. And I love doing it. It keeps Christmas special and fun. But I'm stuck this year. What is a wacky, fun way to start the day? Any ideas?

By Nancy from Macon,GA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How about doing a Christmas "obstacle course" with tasks they have to do before opening a gift.

Some ideas: sing a Christmas carol,

Take a straw and suck up a marshmallow and go to other side of room and drop it in a bowl.

Toss wrapped candies into a bucket from 6 ft away.

Name Bingo: everyone wears their name printed out on paper-use either Scrabble letters or make your own paper ones to draw from hat and call letters out>>they have to have all letters of their first name called before moving on

Candy Cane game>each person has to put a candy cane in mouth (hook side out) and then go to table to latch onto another candy cane--can't use hands, then transport it to someplace else (or...can have them pass the cane from one to the other down the line).

And for the finale: save one gift for each person that would be good for anyone to receive and play the game I submitted>>LEFT, RIGHT Christmas Gift Exchange>>>http://www.thri  2616847.tip.html

That should entertain them! have fun :D

December 20, 2010 Flag

My kids get so excited Christmas morning, so to help me get more sleep and to get them to calm down a little, I place their stockings outside their bedroom doors. Then they can sit on their beds and open them on Christmas morning and I can get 30-40 minutes more sleep.

By Scaryone

Answers:

A Little Extra Sleep on Christmas Morning

However, you are missing out on seeing the joy on your children's faces as they open their gifts. No amount of extra sleep would be worth it for me. (12/18/2004)

By ang

I am locking the hallway door when we go to bed on Christmas Eve so they will not be able to get upstairs (our bedrooms are down) until we get up too. They have a TV in their room so they can watch Christmas programs until we get up! That way I am posed with camera in hand! (12/19/2004)

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsOctober 29, 2013
Blue and pinkish purple morning glory blooms.
Getting Rid of Morning Glory
Pregnant woman with morning sickness near bathroom sink
Morning Sickness Remedies
Opening Presents on Christmas Morning
Boy Dressed as Christmas Elf
Making a Christmas Elf Costume
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 22, 2017 at 11:21:15 PM on 10.0.2.180 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.