Christmas Tree Veggies

With a little arranging on toothpicks, your veggie platter can be an adorable standing Christmas tree. You can use any veggies and cheeses you desire. Happy holidays!

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 10 minutes

1. Cut the toothpicks in half or shorter, depending on what vegetables you use or the size of veggie tree you decide to go with.
  2. Chop the vegetables and cheese into bite sized pieces. Cut one slice of daikon into a star shape.
  3. Stand the remaining daikon upright. Stack on the veggies and cheese with the pieces of toothpick. Put the star on top.
  4. Ad

Top Comment

I make my veggie tree by covering a Styrofoam cone with curly kale, arranging vegetables by size to form a Christmas tree with a slice of star fruit as the topper. I placed it on a Christmas platter filled with salt to resemble snow, put a ceramic snowman and small sprigs of pine boughs around platter. I serve the veggie tree with a dip similar to ranch style salad dressing.

I also make a sliced apple tree using a styrofoam cone covered in curly kale. I slice the apples and soak them in lemon juice water to keep from browning, the apple slices are arranged on the styrafoam tree and then placed on a serving tray and serve with a caramel dip which can be purchased at a local grocery store......

Please remind your guests that the items on the veggie tray or whatever type tree that you make for your party and that the guests are aware that there are toothpicks that attach the food to the styrofoam cone and to be cautious especially with children who get food off this ornamental tree.

Also make a donut hole Christmas tree with a styrofoam cone, I Repticon in parchment paper and then I touch mini powdered Donuts on the bottom up the cone and then work my way up the cone with different flavors of donut holes they are attached with toothpicks so the guests should be aware of that fact especially with children, The Donut Tree is placed on a bed off powdered sugar on a tray and it is served with hot chocolate. I posted this idea several years ago on thriftyfun.com and I just felt like I wanted to post it again because this idea can be served in the winter time or even in the summer at a children's party, but make a round topiary with donut holes on it for spring and summer.

Food and Recipes Recipes Holidays Christmas AppetizersDecember 23, 2016
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 2:49:16 PM on 10.0.0.113 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.