Do It Yourself Wedding Favors

We're getting married in July, and to save money we're doing everything ourselves. We will be spending the two days before the wedding, baking and cooking with our families.

For our wedding favors, we are going to line a buffet table with plates of homemade cookies we remember from childhood, made by mom, grandma, and the aunts. There will be Chinese takeout containers for guests to load with chosen cookies.

This way, each guest will be sure to end up with something they like, and they don't have to lug knick-knacks home to sit on a shelf! Plus, we get to save money on favors and relive a little bit of childhood magic.

The takeout containers are easy to find online, and you can personalize them with ribbons, stamps, or stickers.

By Heidi from Charlottesville, VA

Editor's Note: Heidi, if you get a chance, please take pictures to share.

Answers:

Do It Yourself Wedding Favors

Heidi, thanks for sharing this brilliant idea. I think I'm going to use this for smaller gatherings as well. I would love to see the pictures, if you've got any. (08/19/2008)

By Trisha

Do It Yourself Wedding Favors

When my daughter married 2 years ago, she purchased small nightlights (lantern style in white) at the dollar store for favors. She wrote a poem about lighting up your life (or something) (and her husband being an electrician) and pasted onto bottom of each light. I found a pattern for a "pillow box" on the internet and we made them and put a light in each box then tied it with inexpensive lace bought in quantity. (My daughter has Victorian tastes in furniture and wanted to reflect that, too.) They were elegant on the tables and a favor that was actually useful! (01/07/2009)

By Polly G

Do It Yourself Wedding Favors

When we got married we did everything ourselves too. I bought pretty goblets at thrift stores and put candle votives in them. Looked very pretty. You can also put pretty colored tissue in them. The guests really liked them. (01/09/2010)

By kflawson

Do It Yourself Wedding Favors
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A fancy cookie wedding favor.
Edible Wedding Favor Ideas
Homemade wedding favor.
Homemade Wedding Favors
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎄