Food Option for a Wedding on a Budget

I'm getting married next fall and we are looking at the options for food. We are going to be working on a pretty tight budget, so my family is probably going to do all of the cooking. Could you please give me some ideas of easy things to serve on a buffet? Please be as detailed as possible for I'm a horrible cook.

Donna from KY

Answers:

Smokies, Meat and Cheese, Breads

Some simple things to think about: "smokies" sausages (little smoke sausages) with BBQ sauce. These can be cooked in crock pots - all you do is place smokies in crock pot, pour bottled BBQ sauce I add a little grape jelly to mine to make a slightly sweet sauce, and cook on low for several hours.

If you don't want to use "smokies" you can use meatballs in the same way. Also sausage/cheese balls - you can find many recipes on internet for these (I prefer sausage, cheddar cheese, and bisquick for mine).

A meat and cheese platter would be nice (ham, turkey, etc. and sliced cheeses). Also, banana nut bread or zucchini nut bread sliced in different shapes placed on a platter with cream cheese would be nice. Have you thought about baking or frying chicken wings. They are relatively inexpensive (get on sale) and are really popular.

By Debbie

Menu Idea

I cater for all my family weddings, cookout, holiday parties, babyshowers and etc. This is a good cost cutting budget menu:

Choice of 2 meats:

• Baked Chicken
  • Meatball w/Gravy
  • Roast Beef
  • Sliced Turkey w/Gravy
  • Pasta w/Meatsauce
  • Glazed Ham

Choice of Sides:

• Green Beans
  • Corn O'Brien
  • Vegetable Blend
  • Steam Broccoli
  • Green Peas w/Pearl Onion
  • Rice Pilaf
  • Pasta w/Cream Sauce
  • Au Gratin Potatoes
  • Scalloped Potatoes
  • Macaroni and Cheese
Tossed Salad and a Dinner Roll.

I hope this will help you.

By Delores

Afternoon Reception

Around here, lots of couples chose to have an early afternoon reception and just have a tea. They serve punch, wedding cake, nuts, mints, and some cookies. A fruit salad would also be appropriate. Later, everyone will get a glass of champagne to toast the couple. If done right, it is simple and elegant.

Some buy a smaller wedding cake with additional sheet cakes to help cut costs. The newest thing is a tiered stand filled with cupcakes, which wouldn't be hard to make. You can even put a small wedding cake on the top.

Susan

Food Ideas for Wedding on a Budget
Food Ideas for Wedding on a Budget
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wedding Fruit Platter
Casual Wedding Food Ideas
Bride and Groom Putting Money in Piggy Bank
Creating a Budget for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄