Give Gifts of Time Instead of Food this Season

This year, give the gift of thrifty fun! As the holidays are approaching, I am not looking forward to the tins, trays and baskets of goodies I get every year. I have no will power and I can't stop at just one cookie or piece of candy. Instead I will be giving my friends a greeting card with a decorated index card. On this index card, I will have a recipe that I have gotten rave reviews on, a few websites that I can't function without (ThriftyFun.com being one of them) and a gift of babysitting for a Friday or Saturday night. (Doesn't have to be babysitting, maybe shoveling a neighbor's walk or driveway for the first big snow, walking a dog, etc.)

This is a great gift for mom's at the kid's bus stop, neighbor's, friends and family. It's very creative and thoughtful, yet super inexpensive!

By Michele from Bangor, PA

Answers:

Absolutely lovely idea and definitely in the spirit of Christmas! (12/08/2009)

By Deeli

I agree! In fact, I told my daughters I'd rather have a "girls' day out" with them and my daughter-in-law than anything else. (12/09/2009)

By JustPlainJo

Give Gifts of Time
Halloween treats made from bananas and oranges. The oranges look like pumpkins and the bananas look like ghosts.
Healthy Halloween Treats
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Figs preserved in a jar.
Canning Figs
🎄