Halloween Decorating Safety Tips

As with any holiday, when decorating for Halloween care needs to be taken to ensure the safe nature of your decorations and their installation. This is a guide about Halloween decorating safety tips.

October 19, 2010 Flag

Just an FYI for any business or school in the State of Virginia. I just finished decorating for Halloween. The VA Fire Marshall showed up for a routine inspection. All the decorations on the walls such as spider webs and hanging ghosts and witches had to be taken down because they are not fire retardant.

Needless to say I had spent many days decorating and now was facing having to remove it all. I started to just go home at that point because I was beside myself. Instead, I stayed and began removing the spiderwebs and all the other things that were not fire retardant. Luckily, he forgave our misconception and did not write us up. Instead, he was nice enough to print out the code for me and erased it from the report.

So "beware" should you be a business, school, office, or anything else that has routine inspections and make sure your decorations are fire retardant before you put them up or you'll be working late (like me) to remove them or face a possible fine. Other states should look up the fire code before displaying items if you are not sure about the laws.

Ya know, I was really mad at first, but now thinking back we are in the business of keeping people safe and I don't disagree with the fire code that regulates our system. After all being in a safe environment is essential to any business be it school, office, or any other area that people are in. So when in doubt; check it out!

Source: VA fire Marshall

By Gem from VA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 2 Comments
Holidays and Parties Halloween DecorationsNovember 9, 2016
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Dancing Skeleton, Halloween decorations.
Halloween Themed Dance Ideas
A woman wearing a bike helmet.
Teaching Bike Safety
Feng Shui Decorating, Feng Shui Decorating
Feng Shui Decorating
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 1:20:14 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.