Making Clay Pot Angels
Terra cotta clay flower pots are a great starting place for many crafts. This guide is about making clay pot angels
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
November 30, 201014 found this helpful
Sweet little angels to sit on your desk.
Approximate Time: 30 minutes
- clay pot, 2 inches high x 2.5 inches across top
- 3 inch section of silver metallic pipe cleaner
- wired edged ribbon, sheer for wings, about an inch wide
- doll hair
- 4 wooden beads, 1/2 inch
- hot glue
- lace at least 2 inches wide
- wooden bead 1.25 inches wide (I use dowel ends)
- ribbon for legs, arms and bow
- color markers for face
- small bead or pearl
- acrylic paint, white and flesh color
- Paint the clay pot white (or any color you want as a theme for your angel). Paint the round bead fleshtone. Will dry in about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile cut a length of ribbon about 10 inches long. Attach a bead at each end and knot the ends to keep in place. Cut another length about 6 inches long and attach a bead at each end, knotting the ends.
- When paint is dry, using markers (or paint if you'd like) make a face on the wood bead. I find making her eyes closed is easiest.
- Cut a length of lace to go around the pot as her dress. The pot will sit upside down. I usually take a needle and loosely thread through the top to gather, but you can just glue if you have puffy lace.
- Fold the longer ribbon in half and thread through the hole in bottom of the pot. Bring up the loop a bit and thread the shorter length through the loop as shown in pic.
- Make the shorter length even on each side of pot as arms. Make the longer piece even for legs and gently pull the ribbons until flush with pot. Add a bit of hot glue to hold in place. If ribbon looks a little long, cut a bit off and re-knot.
- Glue hair in strips until you are satisfied with the outcome. Hair can be painted if you would rather. Make a circle from the pipe cleaner and glue to head as a halo.
- Glue her head to the pot. Make a bow and glue to her front and add a bead or pearl in center of bow.
- Form a bow as wings from the wire edged ribbon and glue to her back.
- She is now ready to sit on your shelf or desk. Great gift for co-workers or someone in hospital.
By Myst from Muncie, IN
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
April 20, 20140 found this helpful
I am looking for the instructions for a flower pot angel, #22 or #28.
April 22, 20140 found this helpful
I have a pattern from Woman's World.
In These Guides