Making a Skirt and Decorating It Like a Christmas Tree

Has anyone made a Christmas tree "skirt" as a joke for a holiday party? Instead of wearing the traditional Christmas sweater, I want to make a skirt out of tulle and then decorate it. I saw a picture somewhere, but can not find anything. I am a visual learner and I need to see something to get me started. Thanks.

By lassiegirl

Answers

All you would have to do is find a pattern for a circle skirt (like they wore back in the 50s, they ones that when spread out in a complete circle), and use that or else just use a straight piece of tulle and gather it onto a waist band. For the waist band you would have to plain woven fabric for either type of skirt. For the decorations you would need fabric glue and then cut whatever Christmas designs out of different fabrics and glue them on the tulle.

Crafts Halloween CostumesAugust 2, 2011
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
An array of neckties.
Making a Tree Skirt with Neckties
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🎉
🎄