Making a Paper Plate Snow Globe

Category Decorations
Paper Plate Snow Globe
A simple, inexpensive craft that can be customized to display a favorite holiday scene. This guide is about making a paper plater snow globe.

I absolutely love homemade Christmas decorations. This is a fun craft that can be easily customized with your favorite holiday scene!

• 2 paper plates
  • 1 page protector
  • felt or construction paper (white, green, and brown)
  • pipe cleaner (brown or gold)
  • 3mm pom poms (black, orange, and brown)
  • glitter or fake snow
  • hot glue
  • other decorations (pom poms, etc.)
  • scissors

1. Cut out the center of one of the plates. I used a large tin can to help guide my knife.
  2. Because my plate had a pattern, I removed the middle from another plate and glued it down, white side up, into the center of my second plate. You may need to roll the edges the other way so that it nests inside the other plate.
  3. Cut three circles from the white felt. I found three containers of increasing size to trace around. Cut them out. Now glue them to the plate to form a snowman.
  4. Cut out tree shapes and strips for their trunks from the green and brown felt. Then glue them to the plate.
  5. Cut out a hat for the snowman from the black felt. Then glue it onto the snowman's head.
  6. Now, decorate your snowman with eyes, a nose, buttons, and arms. You can also add pom poms for snow or any other decorations you want.
  7. Cut out a base for your snow globe from the black felt. Lay it at the bottom of the plate to test fit it. Trim it if necessary.
  8. Take the sheet protector and trim it a little bigger than the opening in the center of your plate. Then run a line of glue all the way around the opening and adhere the sheet protector. Be sure to smooth it out as you glue so that it isn't wrinkled.
  9. You should now have a flap that isn't glued down. Run a line of glue around the edge again, leave one small opening at the top.
  10. Once the glue is dry, carefully pour the glitter into the opening, between the two sheets of plastic. Then glue the opening shut.
  11. Run a line of glue along the outer edge of one plate and adhere it to the other one. Finally, glue the base onto the bottom edge of the snow globe. You can punch a hole in the top and use ribbon to hang it up if you want!

Videos

I absolutely love homemade Christmas decorations. This video shows you how to make a snow globe out of paper plates. This snowman snow globe is a great kids Christmas craft and can be easily customized with your favorite holiday scene!