Pre-lit Tree Lights Go Off and On

I believe the culprit is the male/plug at the bottom of tree. If I wiggle this the lights come back on. The plug has fuses. Can the plug itself be replaced safely?

thx

I have replaced a plug on my vacuum successfully. Cut the plug off. Bring to the store to get a similar plug. Look at the wire where you cut the plug. It will separate into two pieces. Strip the coating from these two pieces until the bare wire is exposed. Bend each end into a U shape. My plug separated as well, revealing screws on each side. Wrap the U shape around each post and tighten. Put the plug back together. You can see

videos on YouTube. It's quite easy. After I replaced the plug I then rewired a lamp. You can do it!

The lights are 99 cents a string at walmart or dollar general. When mine did this I simply pulled the old lights off the tree and replaced with new lights. They are just regular lights, but glued on, easy to swap out.

It sounds like a loose wire, and the plug can be safely replaced. Judy's instructions are as clear as you can get. I wouldn't advise on rewiring simply because our British system is different - we have a third, earth wire for safety.

There seem to be many complaints about these pre-lit trees; but at least it is fairly inexpensive to replace the strings of lights.

It does seem there are a lot of complaints about the pre-lit trees but I also believe there are many satisfied owners as well.

I have several in different sizes and really like all of them.

Most were purchased at after-Christmas sales at very good prices so I do not mind if I have to add a few strings now and then.

My son replaces the plugs (on his and mine) when necessary, but it is so easy to just add inexpensive strings.

Why not buy some extra strings that are on sale right now and be ready to add them to your tree next year?

Artificial Christmas Tree
Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Not Working
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations LightsDecember 28, 2016
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 21, 2017 at 8:49:04 PM on 10.0.1.210 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.