Repairing a Lighted Outdoor Christmas Decoration

If you have lights on your wire lawn deer that stop working, don't toss the deer in the garbage, just change out the lights. Take a strand of 100 white wire lights and replace the old lights. It's time consuming putting all new lights on, but it's a lot less $ than going out and buying all new deer, and it's a good way to recycle also.

By CDC from FL

11 Questions

The light on my 40 inch outside snowman decoration is broken, the whole mechanism. Where can I get a replacement part?

Answers

Best Answer

You could contact the manufacture of the snowman and ask if there is a warranty, or a solution.

Answer this Question

This train is over 20 yrs old. The lighted wheels still turn and the smoke stack still blows lighted smoke bursts. It is still lovely, but more of the old lights have stopped working every year.

I would like to repair it, if possible.

Answers

Best Answer

This is really going to depend on the type of lights that were used on this train. I think your best bet is to take one of the train pieces to a hobby store and see if you can ask one of the people there to help you find the right lights for this. I know that there are many people who work with trains and they have people who are hobbyist and can restore these. You might end up needing to contact one of them and seek their advice if they know exactly what type of light were used on this and where to find them.

Answer this Question

I am in need of one single bulb to fix my reindeer. Where can I find replacement bulbs?

Answers

Take the bulb to any hardware store and match it up.

Now that all stores have Christmas displays out it is easy to find replacement bulbs for your reindeer. Just take out the bulb and take it to a Target or Wallmart. There you wil lfind the light section and also replacement bulbs for all types of Christmas displays and items.

Your local hardware can help you with this, make sure you have a bulb to compare!

Before you go shopping, ask around and see if any of your friends have one! I have had to buy things where I only needed one (like a bulb) and am always grateful to share with friends if I had to buy a multi-pack of something. It is hard to find single bulbs so most of us end up with multi-packs. Hopefully someone will have one and the payment can be a hug!

Answer this Question

What kind of mesh I can use to repair my Christmas decoration?

Answers

I would use a piece of screen to mend it.

I just bought a 60 inch snowman with lights. Some of the lights won't light up. Please help.

By SONDRA from West Coast

Answers

Are the light bulbs located so that you can get to them or are they on the inside? If you can get to the bulbs you should be able to replace the bulbs that won't work.

If you just bought it why would you not simply exchange it at the store it was purchased from. Repairing something you have only just purchased seems like a lot of unnecessary work. JS...

Its under warranty. Return it

Answer this Question

I recently saved some old large Christmas bells. They were wired with 1 bulb, but that is gone in most of them.

Is there some kind of kit that I can buy or does anybody have an idea of what could work?

Answers

Put strings of LED lights inside or around them.

At a lot of craft stores, they sell repair kits for lighted items and they are easy to install. The wiring is already done and basically you just need to place them in the item and add the bulb. I would check them out first to see if you can find the small repair kits to fix them.

Answer this Question

I have a lighted outdoor snowman, he is looking kinda tired and old, but I love it and have had it for many years. Anyone have any ideas on how to refresh his skin, which is now kinda like a glitter white cotton snow like fabric?

Answers

Can you spray paint it white then add some glitter?

There is a post by Kim Hoggan showing how she painted tires white and stacked them to look like a snowman. You can use her ideas and add glitter.

Answer this Question

Do you know anyone that would put new lights on yard decorations such as deer or sleighs? The ones I have are made out of wire that is about 1/4" in diameter.

By Bob J.

Answers

Standard answer: I do not know where you live - but it may be expensive to have someone do this; cheaper to buy new lights probably. You could try doing it yourself. Just Google for directions and you will find all kinds of useful information.

I need someone to restring lights on my reindeer. I would do it myself but I trouble with my hands. If you can help it would be great. My location Lindenhurst, N.Y. 11757 on Long Island, thank you.

Answer this Question

Our lawn deer's head won't light; the rest of it lights just fine. We had the same problem with our doe deer this year, but possibly with handling it, the problem was corrected. Nothing we've done gets the buck's head and neck to light up. I feel like knocking it upside the head. I don't want to display a half-lit deer!

By Joanne W. from Havertown, PA

Answers

These displays seem to be a problem even with the best of care. Google your question as there is a lot of information listed by others with the same problem.

My son usually just adds another string of lights to wherever the lights are not working. Sometimes he weaves them in and out but mostly he just wraps them around the contour of the object.

I have a lot of objects that light up so he has to set them up early so he has time to "repair" the "broken' ones. You can find the inexpensive lines of small light strings with white wire or just use the regular ones with green wire.

Most people say mine look better because they have more lights and show up really well from a distance.

Answer this Question

I am looking for someone to replace the lights. Any suggestions?

By Renate P

Answers

I do not know where you live - but - it may be expensive to have someone do this - cheaper to buy new ones probably. You could try doing it yourself - just Google for directions and you will find all kinds of useful information.

Answer this Question
Decorations LightsJanuary 24, 2014
🌻
🎂
🎃
😷
Sub-Categories
AdviceBaking TipsBooksBoxing DayBudgetCardsCharitiesChristmasChristmas RecipesCleaningCooking TipsDecorationsDietingGamesGift WrappingGiftsHelpful HintsHosting TipsLinksMiscellaneousMy Frugal HolidayOrganizationParentingPartiesPhotosPlanningSanta TipsShoppingStocking StuffersTraditionsTravel
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Repairing-a-Lighted-Outdoor-Christmas-Decoration-1.html