Pre-lit Tree Won't Light

So I have a GE 7.5ft pre lit Christmas tree. It has a foot pedal to control three different settings. What is the foot pedal connector part called? The tree is not lighting up at all. I have replaced all the bulbs and even replaced the connector that the lights plug into. But when I hit the foot pedal to turn it on/off I'm not hearing a click. So needless to say I believe the foot pedal portion needs to be replaced, but can not find anything online. I really don't want to cut them off and replace them if I don't have to.

Best Answer

Shake the little power supply that plugs into the wall. I heard a rattle in mine, so I took it apart and found the wires that go to the prongs that plug into the wall socket are not securely attached. They are just wedged in between the plastic and the prong. That alone is frightening. So I put I just wedged it back in place, and it is working again.

What if sections of my tree aren't working but some of it is

did you figure it? im having the same problem with the what sounds like the same tree

Same tree same problem

I'm sitting here staring at my unlit tree also...mine is a 9' though. I tried replacing the fuse in the main cord as well, but that didn't work either. If you've figured it out, please share...I'm so frustrated!!!

Same tree, same problem. What a P.O.S. only worked the first time.

Found no power coming out of the 36V power supply that plugs into the wall.

The same thing just happened to my tree this morning.

I opened the foot switch box (4 screws on the back) and one the wires connected to the circuit board had been ripped off and a piece of the circuit board with it so soldering it back on wasn't even an option.

I cut the remaining wires off the circuit board, stripped the wires, twisted the corresponding wires together and held it in place with electrical tape.

I lost the options provided by the circuit board but at least it lights up now.

Artificial Christmas Tree
Pre-lit Christmas Tree Lights Not Working
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations TreeNovember 29, 2016
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent), A light bulb.
Disposing of Light Bulbs (Incandescent)
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
👒
🐰
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site.
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 23, 2017 at 5:06:24 AM on 10.0.0.127 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.