Setting Up a Pre-Lit Christmas Tree

Category Tree
A pre-lit Christmas tree is supposed to be easy to assemble, an improvement over the traditional tree with separate light strings. This is a guide about setting up a pre-lit Christmas tree.

I lost my instructions to assemble my pre-lit Christmas tree. I have two sections that are not lighting up, which brought me to this site. After reading several posts, I got some ideas but wanted more details on the "how to plug in the lights" and found this video that was very helpful. It covers the assembly and how to plug in each section of the lights.

I bought an artificial tree from Home depot 4 to 5 years ago. It was advertised that you can put it up in 10/15 minutes. I don't know the name and need directions to put it up and to get the lights connected to a main socket and don't know how to do it.

By Valerie

Answers

You have been using the tree for four-five years and don't know how to put it together. No matter what type of pre-lit tree that I have to put together, over the years I have discovered the easiest way to get the right plugs in the right plug ins on each section is when I get the first section stood up, I plug that into an outlet, then I put the next section in and find the proper plug in for that plug, and then that section lights up, etc. I have now down sized and my tree only has two sections.

I have a 9 foot Home Accents prelit Christmas tree that has branches consisting of multiple colors of branches. We have lost the instruction sheet on what plugs into which main area. It was bought in 2008. Can you help ASAP?

By Sandy B

Could someone tell me how to attach a Holiday Time Madison 7' slim tree plug in each section together? This light assembly has 2 female plug ends and the rest are dual. I can't get the sequence right for all sections to be lit. One female plug is part of the upper tree and the other is the lower.

Answers

Here is an excellent video on YouTube that shows you how to assemble your Christmas tree. You will see the step by step directions and watch the person explain how to do this.

https://www.you  ch?v=qe1fbGZV-Ys

I am trying to connect my 12 ft Christmas tree. There are so many cords it is frustrating. There are codes with "d" and ones with "f". I am tying to follow up, but not getting it. Thanks.

By Peggy

Answers

When I assemble mine (of course I have never had one that big), I plug the bottom section into an outlet so that the lights are on, Then when I put the next layer on I plug that into different plugs that are on the tree until that section lights up, and so on, for however many sections there are to the tree. I find this to be easier than trying to match letters of the alphabet or numbers.

Where do the plugs on the bottom level go (A15, A23, etc). What plugs go into the receptacles?

By el