Secret Santa Gift Ideas

I have to get a Secret Santa gift for a girl at work for under $10. (Secret Santa) Here is my prob.: She is 33 years old and hates getting commercial gifts. People that know her suggested I make her something, she would much rather I give her something from the heart, than something I can buy in a store. Some said I should bake some cookies; the problem is I HATE baking, and I am not "crafty". I do, however, LOVE attempting art projects with my 7 year old nephew, but that won't cut it. Any ideas?

Sandi from Montreal, Canada

Answers:

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

One Christmas I received the best gift. It was a small round mirror and a glass nativity set. I still use it. (12/17/2006)

By diane from wisconsin

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

We took a wicker basket and put a string of clear lights in it then some cinnamon scented pine cones and kind of pulled the lights apart so they were mixed around in with the cones and plug it in. It is really pretty and the scent of the pine cones is great. (12/17/2006)

By imaqt1962

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

You can take a string of light(35) put them in a clear jar with some potpourri kinda re arrange it a little then I put a piece of lace on the top, tied a ribbon around it, leaving enough cord hanging out so it could be plugged in, simple, inexpensive yet nice. Also how about a gift basket with various things in it? There have been a few post on here with good ideas to make one. I love things like these because they come from the heart (12/17/2006)

By imaqt1962

RE: Secret Santa Gift Ideas

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

Sandi, I once "made" candles. I took Dollar Store pillar candles and holding the wick, dipped them into melted paraffin wax that I melted in a coffee can that was placed in a pot of hot water. Then I rolled the candle into spices, like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves (bought at the Dollar Store too!). Then, re-dip the candle again, roll again. You can repeat the process over as much as you want. It makes the candle lumpy with spices and smells really good too. (12/17/2006)

By Persnickety Paula

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

How about buying a nice soup-mug and popping a mix of soup sachets inside (add a spoon if you like) and package it up with clear wrap and curling ribbon. Attach a gift tag wishing her a 'souper' holiday season.

Or, along the same lines, a nice coffee mug with a selection of coffee mix sachets (they can be bought in mixed multi-packs and you can remove them from the box and put them into the mug). Add a few nice biscuits and package up together. I have done the coffee mugs for friends at work, very easy to put together and much appreciated.
Or maybe you could pick up a nice foot-soak (or look up a recipe and make some) and add a pair of bed socks!
Good luck & Merry Christmas! (12/18/2006)

By jojo

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

How about making her a necklace/bracelet? All of the major craft stores sell really nice looking beads in all different shapes/sizes/colors. They sell the clasps too. You could even have your nephew help with stringing them. Check local Sunday paper for coupons for 40% off too. (12/18/2006)

By Jill

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

There are many easy and nice craft projects-look in magazines or craft store. A gift basket made of dollar store bath products, etc-maybe a mug and some cocoa or tea, a basket with a video rental gift card and popcorn and snacks, an ice-cream sundae basket with a couple of sundae dishes, ice-cream scoop and some toppings and nuts and maybe a Baskin-Robbins GC for the ice cream, or any food gift that you like to cook would probably be welcome. It doesn't need to be baked. Do you make great casseroles, soup, preserves? How about a homemade gift certificate for a service you can provide, like car wash or detailing, a planted pot of seasonal flowers, etc. (12/18/2006)

By Linda

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

Buy a "how to knit" craft scarf set and give that to her. Available at your local sewing store. (12/18/2006)

By cookwie

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

How about a donation in her name to a charity or organization that she is interested in? (12/18/2006)

By Jenny

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

How about assembling a cookie recipe in layers in a clear glass canning jar? For the lid, you could decorate it with fabric or paint. Then she can bake the cookies. (12/20/2006)

By dbates

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

Does she have any family pictures on her desk? if so, you can buy a nice frame or make a copy of her picture in black and white (looks very classy) and place in a nice frame! (12/07/2007)

By Dolores

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

You could always shop at dollarama and make a gift basket. Put in a coffee mug, some cookies, a few candies, buy the basket there and wrap it in cellophane. Hope that helps. (11/27/2008)

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

If you knit or crochet you could make a scarf to match her coat. Only takes a couple of balls of yarn and there are some fun ones out there. You could also try to get a photo of her with a digital camera, print it in 4x6 or 5x7, mat it put it in a frame you make or decorate yourself. (it's something she could put on her desk) (11/27/2008)

By Andrea

Secret Santa Gift Ideas

You can put together her a nice bath basket with some bubbles, face soap, body wash, a towel... you get the point. Hope she likes it.
(12/03/2008)

By lily

Hushing Santa
Secret Santa Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Santa hat with gold thread snowflakes
Making a Santa Hat Purse
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
🎉
🎄