DecorationsChristmas

Table Top Newspaper Christmas Tree

This is a craft I learned from YouTube. I tried to make one to put on my own desk for Christmas decoration. This project is made of rolled newspapers.

1. Roll each piece of newspaper onto a piece of stick or pencil. Remove the pencil when the paper covers half of it and continue rolling. Secure the ends with glue. Make plenty of paper rolls, as many as you want.
  2. It's best to make one end bigger than the other. It will be easier for you to insert one into the other when you make extensions.
  3. Get a piece of cardboard and make a cone. The cone will determine the size and height of your Christmas tree.
  4. Now place your cone on a piece of paper. Trace the base with a marker.
  5. Get two rolls and stick them together from end to end. Place outside of the circle.
  6. Get another roll and fold down one inch of its tip. Do the same with the other three rolls.
  7. Attach the fold onto the longer paper roll. Still position it outside the circle.
  8. Do the same with the other two rolls. Notice that you created a square around the circle.
  9. Put the cone back inside the square. Now start folding one paper roll going towards the center. Fold the other roll over the first one still going towards the center.
  10. Extend the paper roll when it gets shorter and continue weaving until you reach the top following the shape of the cone.
  11. Cut the extra tips and secure with glue or tape. Remove the cone from your Christmas tree.
  12. Paint the tree and decorate with colored round head push pins or any available decoration you can find. It doesn't have to be painted perfectly.
  13. Get a mini star decoration and insert a push pin. Place it on top of your tree.

I made a table top Christmas tree decorated out of the leftover wired ribbon pieces after I made Christmas bows. I began at the bottom of the small Christmas tree which is a tabletop, it is about one foot tall. I tied the ribbon pieces around the bottom with the shorter pieces and then went up to the top and at the top of the tree I made a pretty bow . I called the ribbon around my finger into spirals, the ribbon pieces are different colors and patterns so it makes an interesting table top display