Photo Gifts

This gift would have been fine for Christmas or a birthday. As it happened it was for a sort of, what I call an "unbirthday" gift. Every now and then I find an item or idea for a gift that fits someone so nicely that I send it as a real surprise. A middle-aged woman who is my daughter's age grew up in our neighborhood. Her father died young and she and her sister were raised by her mother and step-father.

I happened across a nice black and white group photo including her real dad. I could not afford to have it enlarged, cropped and printed at a photo shop, but learned that I could simply have all that done for a very modest fee at a print shop.

It was a very nice photo and my old neighbor was very pleased to have it! You might have to watch out for copyright laws, but I think you might also have a nice magazine enlarged and frame it for your personal use.

There's a lesson in this message - "think alternative" to save money!

Janet H from Conway, NH

Great idea. I have some pictures here that would be very sentimental for some of my relatives. Thanks for the tip.

Giving Photos as Gifts
Giving Photos as Gifts
Holidays and Parties Gifts ChristmasNovember 30, 2000
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
family photos
Making a Photo Calendar
Engagement Photo Ideas
Engagement Photo Ideas