TraditionsChristmas

12 Days Of Christmas Books

I do the 12 books of Christmas with my daughter. Throughout the 1st year of doing this, I collected used or new Christmas children's books from yard sales, thrift stores, etc. I wrapped them all and put them under the tree and beginning on Dec. 13th., my daughter got to pick one book to open up for me to read before bed each night until Christmas Eve.

I spent about $7.00 total on all the books. After Christmas, I rewrapped them and put them away for the next year. To her, they were like new again since we read them just once a year before. She loves this!

By Carrie from Hampton, GA

To make this even more special, you could hide things throughout the books to surprise them.Photos of you making silly faces,small sheets of stickers, thin types of candy so as not to make it too bulky, bookmarks.Just hide treats on random pages so you never know what will show up when you turn a page

Nice idea, but the 12 days are actually from the 25th to the 6th of January. The Feast of the Epiphany is when the 3 kings brought the gifts to Jesus.

I think this is a super idea. This allows the child to open a present each day until Christmas and helps keep them from wanting to open the bigger presents. You could also put a Christmas DVD to watch together. To the guest post I think she was just saying twelve days to Christmas. We all know that the closer it gets to Christmas children really start getting excited and this may help.