Looking for Unique Inexpensive Reception Venue in NY, NJ or PA

I am in need of some ideas for reception venues in NY, NJ, or PA. I am looking for something very cheap and unique. I know "cheap" and "wedding" don't exactly go together, but I am open to creativity.

Ideally, I would like to be able to rent a large house or space and do everything myself (with the help of some creative friends and family). I have looked into several routes, one being parks, but I don't really want an outdoor wedding. I want something simple that I can add to with creative touches.

As far as catering goes, I would have a catering business that my family has used before come to cater the event. Everything else is also covered. I am just looking for a cheap place to have it. Ideally, there would be a hotel of some sort nearby for out of town guests to stay. Oh, and I will have about 100 guests. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

By Jacquelyn from NY, NY

Call motels. They should have a room, good luck.

Try historic sites and homes open to the public. They may let you hold a function on the premises. I attended a wedding in the Johnson family home historic site in Austin, Texas that was very memorable.

Is this wedding in the summer time? If so have the reception at a park with a beach and do a beach theme reception. low cost and fun! You can still have the ceremony inside.

I am a Quaker. My Meeting house, a beautiful stone building, leases out for wedding parties. It is Buckingham Friends Meeting in Buckingham, PA, 1 1/2 hours south of NYC. Plenty of quaint inns and B+B's in the area, beautiful scenery. Here is the contact information: http://www.buckinghamfriendsmeeting.org/

Nearby towns for lodging include Lahaska, New Hope, Doylestown, Newtown ... you get the idea. Within walking distance of the Meeting house is Lahaska/Peddler's villiage, containing many inns and a beautiful indoor carosel! If you would like a horse and carriage for a turn through Lahaska, try West End Farms of New Hope, Old River Road. They lease and drive for speial occasions.

If that is too far away, there are many Quaker Meeting houses loated throughout NY, NJ and PA. You can google them. Good luck!

Weddings ReceptionMarch 28, 2010
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
Wedding mints in a serving dish at a wedding reception.
Serving Nuts and Mints at a Wedding Reception
Beautiful Swan
Decorating a Pond for a Wedding