Family Gift Exchanges

My brother, sister and I (and families) exchange at Christmas. We set a dollar amount per family. Every year, we know which sibling's family we will have (I have my brother one year, my sister the next and then back to my brother). We have a chart with the years listed and it just rotates so it would work for any number of siblings) and the amount we are allowed to spend, so we are able to purchase gifts anytime of the year. Since you can run across many good sales year long, this is quite helpful.

Now this amount is only for the husband and wife or just for the sibling, if not married or with a partner. We have always kept the children separate but there are only 4 children between us but you could easily use the dollar amount for the whole family. Group gifts such as movie tickets and popcorn packs, board games, overnight stay at a hotel (depending on price ranges), etc.

Hope this helps

By Dona from Watertown, Wl.

My family always draws names on Thanksgiving and we set a $ amount for what we spend. This really makes it easy on the pocketbook and doesnt cut into our budget every year.

Four women exchanging gifts.
Christmas Gift Exchange Ideas
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts BuyingNovember 8, 2006
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
A woman buying seeds
Saving Money on Seeds
A origami paper tree with tiny paper packages underneath.
Paper Themed Christmas Gift Swap Ideas
Four adults in santa hats laughing and exchanging brightly colored gifts
What is a White Elephant Gift Exchange?
🎉
🎄