"Blown Away by the Holidays" Gift Can
Start with an ordinary tin can to create this fun candy or gift tote. It's easy enough for grade school kids to make. Or use as place cards on the party table.
Approximate Time: 10 minutes
- No. 2 can or frozen juice can
- 1 sheet paper, 8 1/2 x 11 inches
- 2 brown or black pipe cleaners
- red ribbon
- markers, crayons
- Use can with smooth edges, such as those opened with Pampered Chef opener OR frozen juice cans will also work. Wash can and remove label.
- Fold paper lengthwise and tape or glue to the outside of the can.
- Draw face with markers or crayons as shown.
- Make arms by cutting one pipe cleaner in half and then adding short sections to resemble branches. Bend the ends to resemble fingers clutching something.
- Attach ribbon scarf and glue in place as if to look windblown. Fray edges with scissors.
- Fill with candy or small gifts.
- Top with small piece of pillow filling, pushed to one side as shown.
- Bend the snowman's arms upward as if trying to catch his hair.
By Cindy from Waynesburg, PA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 25, 2017 at 1:20:59 AM on 10.0.2.86 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us