This year is going to be very lean money wise. I have been collecting a lot of recipes this year and I am going to put them to good use for Christmas presents. I am going to bake some gifts and some will be makeable such as the jar gifts. Here are some of the jar recipes I will be using.
Butterfinger Cookie Mix
Cookie Mix Instructions:
Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl, mix together and make sure all brown sugar clumps are crushed! Store in an airtight container.
(Include these instructions with the cookie mix)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and have ungreased cookie sheet.
Use a plastic bag and a mallet to break Butterfingers into pieces, but leave them chunky.
Beat butter until smooth with an electric mixer.
Add egg and beat until well combined and creamy.
Add the cookie mix and blend on low.Ad
Add Butterfinger bar chunks and hand stir.
Form cookies into 1 1/2 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden. Remove from oven, let rest 2 min and transfer to wire rack to cool.
(Bar Cookies Mix in a jar)
1. Place first 3 ingredients (in order listed above) into a wide mouth quart jar. Press coconut into jar very firmly.
2. Place graham cracker crumbs in a ziplock sandwich bag. (HINT: it works best if you put the ziplock bag into the jar before putting in the crumbs.) Place bag in jar last, pressing bag in place evenly on top of chocolate chips.
3. Decorate jar and attach instructions:
1. Remove bag of crumbs. Empty it into a medium bowl.
2. Add: 1 stick margarine, melted, to crumbs. Mix very well.
3. Press crumb mixture evenly into a sprayed 9x13 inch pan.
4. Take each ingredient one at a time, from jar and sprinkle over crust. (chocolate chips, then coconut, then pecans.)
5. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk evenly over all.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Cool. Cut into 1-1/2 inch squares. Makes 48 squares.
By christi from Paducah, KY
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!