Ideas For Wedding Party Grand Entrance

My daughter is having a very small wedding (under a hundred guests) with a big reception. There is absolutely no room in the church for a receiving line. The reception is 2 hours later, and she wants to have the whole wedding party have a Grand Entrance. Any ideas?

Julie from Muskegon,MI

A wedding I attended about a year ago (I was the photographer) had no receiving line. People went to the reception area while the formal pictures were being taken. The bridal party then went to the reception area and entered in the same order as they entered during the wedding. The bridesmaids with the groomsmen escorting them, the flower girl and ring bearer and then the bride with the groom escorting her. Everyone was spaced out so that there was a gap between each couple. It was a unique and memorable entrance I thought. They then visited with friends and relatives during the reception.

They could have the receiving line outside the church and then go back in for pictures. When they arrive at the reception hall is there someplace where the wedding party and parents can wait? Then if you can buy or rent a trellis (some of the ones you rent are all ready set up) with netting, flower's and white Christmas lights which the wedding party walks under. Starting first with the bridesmaids and then on to the Maid or Matron of honor and there escorts.

The groom's parent's the bride's parents and then, the Bride and groom will be at the end.As each couple goes under the arch they each will be announced by there names usually by a announcer they have chosen.They of course will be announced as Mr and Mr's John Doe. Even though they do this at church also, this is where everyone not at the wedding will be able to see them for the first time introduced as a married couple. I have seen this done and it is so classy. Good Luck and have ton's of fun do not forget the kleenex. Darlene

Some of my children had the wedding party enter as couples, spaced, and had their names and relationship to bride/groom announced over the speaker as they walked in and went to their places at the head table. Of course, the bride and groom were last, to much cheering, table pounding and spoon clanking!

At a few weddings I have gone to, the bridge and groom and wedding party leave the church, then the bridge and groom return and go to each pew, starting with the first pew. They alternate sides. shake hands, kiss or what ever type of congratulation the guest wish to do. I like this way, no standing in line, and a minuter to talk to the bridge and groom. Each guest has had the chance to greet bride and groom, so no one feels left out if don't get a chance to spend much time with them at the reception.

Nice ideas. You can also use music clips, especially for bride & groom. I liked dramatic symphony. Personalize it.

Weddings PlanningJuly 24, 2008
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Red toy firefighter helmet.
Firefighter Themed Wedding Ideas
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wedding Dress Sale square
Saving Money on a Wedding Dress