Holiday Shopping: One Gift at a Time

It gets so hectic during the holidays with shopping, cooking, and avoiding the flu like the plague, so during the year I shop one gift at a time. My 3 children help wrap and we put a homemade tag or handcrafted card on the package and we stow it away until Christmas. We shop at the dollar store, thrift stores, and recycle websites. We put little gift baskets together for families instead of individuals. It has saved us hundreds of dollars, and we have more time to participate at church, and free holiday happenings in our community.

By Seneka from Redondo Beach

That's such a good idea! I think I'll do the same - as long as I can find a place (that I'll remember) to store them all until the holidays.

Thanks for sharing!!

You are right on the money! It is the best way. I bought my one gift for the week today. I also used my 40% off Michaels coupon to buy the bakers dozen red, green and white gift bags. That way they can be used at Christmas or any time.

I posted twice on my blog about saving for Halloween and Christmas. We already have our Halloween candy I got on clearance so we are ready to go!

P.S. Make sure to keep a list of what and who you bought it for so you do not overbuy. However, have a couple small generic things on hand for that "unexpected or forgotten" gift you need to give.

Great post.

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

What a great idea! I also love to shop early for Christmas to avoid the mad last minute rush and crowd too. Sometimes it takes up to 2-3 months to get a gift for everyone. So Summer sales is a great time to stock up on gifts. I prefer to do my Christmas wrapping 2-3 weeks before Christmas as I wanted to gather all my presents, think about the appropriateness of each gift for each recipient, do a list before I gift wrap and tag them.

http://www.parties-planning.com

This is a good idea. Another good gift giving idea is to buy adult footed pajamas as a gift. That is right, just like the footed pajamas that children wear. Footed pajamas are becoming popular because they are the warmest type of pajamas available and many people find that they can turn the heat down because they are so warm. They are a very practical, and frugal gift to give as they start at only $20:

http://www.squidoo.com/FootedPajamas

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts AdviceSeptember 29, 2008
couple reading canned food label at the market
Grocery Shopping Strategies
A man giving a gift to his wife.
Gift Ideas for Your Wife
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Gift Card Holder Crafts
Gift Card Holder Crafts
🎉
🎄