CD Christmas Elf
In order to make the picture of this craft work, without an intense reflection, I have covered the CD with invisible tape. Your actual project will allow the shine of the CD to show and reflect holiday lights. Crafting Time: 30 minutes or less
- old CD or one you received in a mail ad
- small colored plastic bag
- red construction paper
- red pom-pom
- wiggle eyes
- craft glue
- yarn or ribbon
- Roll up the open end of the bag to make the hat brim. If your newspaper comes in a plastic sleeve, this is a great size. I got mine at a local card store. Glue this to the front and back of the CD.
- Glue wiggle eyes to the front of the CD below the hat. If you don't have wiggle eyes, just cut two circles from white paper and draw black circles on them, then glue these to the CD.
- Cover the hole in the center of the CD with a circle of red construction paper.Glue a a red pom-pom to this circle.
- Draw and cut a mouth from red construction paper. Glue this to the CD below the nose.
- Gather the plastic bag together above the CD and tie it off with a yarn or ribbon bow. Cut the bag off above where you tied it and fluff this part out to resemble a pom-pom.
- To hang your creation, tie a length of thin yarn or dental floss around the hat above the ribbon, then tie the ends of the yarn or floss together to make a hanger.
By Marie E. Cecchini from West Dundee, IL
December 12, 20070 found this helpful
very cute and easy to make...thanks for the idea...
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 25, 2016 at 6:11:57 PM on 10.0.1.61 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us