Baby's First Christmas Tree Decorations

We had our first child in August. Christmas came the next day (it felt like it!) I had saved the baby shower cards and ribbon from the gifts. So I got creative like I always do and decorated my tree.

I cut the little pictures from the cards, the bunnies, bears, babies toys, blocks, etc. and glued them on the ribbons to make garland. I hung the babies first pair of shoes and toys on the tree as well. I made bows from crape ribbon.

By Laurie S. from West Covina, CA

Your idea is darling. I always made my children's baby mobile [that hangs over the crib until they started standing in the crib] and made the little characters into Christmas ornaments. My oldest daughter is 30 and she now hangs the ornaments on her Christmas tree.

Great idea -- thanks for sharing.

You are so smart! Those decorations of your babys' first Christmas will be treasures in the years to come. Another fun thing is to put baby pictures on some ornaments each year and in time every Christmas is a reminder of your children when they were young. Years down the road when your tree is bigger and your decorating budget has grown, those first ornaments will be priceless.

What a darling precious picture! Treasure that always - that was a great idea for your tree!

I have to say, my first thought upon reading your posting was that you have waaay too much time on your hands for a new mom! ;-)

Seriously, though, I really like what you did with your tree. Very creative, indeed.

FINDING THE TIME FOR WONDERFUL MEMORIES IS A PLUS ON YOUR SIDE!

BEFORE YOU KNOW IT THE" BABIES" ARE ALL GROWEN UP!

MY GIRLS, NOW SHARE THIER"TREASURED" ORNAMENTS WITH THIER OWN CHILDREN ON THIER CHRISTMAS TREE.

We hang the button they give new dads to wear(with our daughters foot prints on it) Write the name of the child, the date of birth and a ribbon, Viola-my girls (now 14 and 8) love seeing these on our tree each year

You'd be surprised at how hard it is to remember which foot is which after a few years...