Jigsaw Puzzle Ornaments 2006

These two photos show ornaments that are much different than the green and red ones I made in 1992. After writing the directions for these, I decided to make some more. I assembled a 550 piece puzzle and sprayed it gold.

To make the ring shape, I traced around the flat lid of a wide-mouth jar on white printer paper. These are three layers deep, and the bow is glued and stapled.

I did not put a hanger on them because they look nice with a bit of evergreen poking through beneath the bow. The puzzle made 24 ornaments. I'm all ready to give my friends a gift for NEXT Christmas!

By Coreen

These are great. Definitely on my list of gifts to give next year!

Hi Coreen

I really like your wreaths. I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused about drawing the ring on the printer paper. Do you glue the first row of puzzle pieces to the paper and trim it down later, or do you glue bits of the pieces to each other and use the paper circle as a guide?

What is the pink that is on gold puzzle? It is not part of the bow because it looks narrower.

Thanks for reading! To answer the questions: 1) the pink is glitter glue. Poster paint works, too, depending on the base color you use. 2) You don't glue puzzle pieces to the paper. You lay a sheet of wax paper on top of the circle, then lay the first row of puzzle pieces. Run a ring of glue around the top of THAT layer and lay the second row of puzzle pieces, indenting them slightly. Don't worry if white glue shows, because it dries clear and mostly invisible. Hope this helps.

Cute and thrifty! Thanks! I work with the mentally retarded and we're ALWAYS looking for cheap, easy, (but nice) stuff to make.

Puzzle Pieces
Making a Puzzle Wreath
Crafts Christmas OrnamentsJanuary 24, 2007
A salt dough ornament on a Christmas tree.
Making Salt Dough Ornaments
A woman working on a puzzle.
Making a Jigsaw Puzzle Mat
jigsaw puzzle
Making a Puzzle Storage Board